Macaroni Bean Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3/4 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup kidney beans
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain macaroni and rinse in cold water. Add to bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 258 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 719mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Oct 8, 2012
You definitely want to rinse the beans as the recipe directs so it won't be too salty with the seasoned salt mixed in. Recipe keeps well in fridge until you are ready to use it. The salad dressing and vinegar gave it a little bit of unexpected tang for my tasters, but they liked it.
Apr 7, 2011
I've made this fantastic salad countless times since 2005 when it was published in Quick Cooking. My husband and I love it and it's one of our all-time favorite recipes!
Jul 2, 2008
Great recipe but too much for a family of 2. I made it with a can of mixed beans and 1 c. macaroni and it was great, leftovers for lunch.
Jul 2, 2008
For just the 2 of us use 1 cup of macaroni and a can of mixed beans, great for a crowd 2 much for 2
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.