Confetti Bean Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, cilantro, peppers, onion, jalapeno if desired and garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, chili powder and sugar. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 179 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 18, 2015
Great recipe! We make it all the time now!
Oct 24, 2014
Excellent! Does anyone know if this can be frozen? Or jarred? Thank you!
Sep 25, 2014
Jul 23, 2014
Dec 5, 2008
This is such a great tasting salad. It does not have that strong vinegar taste. Now when I go to potluck suppers I make sure I take it.---Stoney Creek, Ontario