Cannellini Bean Salad with Roasted Peppers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut red pepper in half; remove seeds. Broil pepper cut side down 4 in. from the heat until skin is blistered and charred, about 8 minutes. Immediately place pepper in a small bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skin. Cut pepper into strips; place in a large bowl. Add the beans, onion and basil. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 190 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 7g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Aug 31, 2011
This was excellent and I don't like most bean salads. I would definitely recommend it.
Feb 9, 2010
This is a very quick salad especially if you use the jarred roasted red peppers. I like to serve it in the summer with BBQ.
Jan 1, 2009
This salad tastes like it came from a fancy deli and is so easy to put together with the jarred roasted red peppers. I prefer to make it the day before I plan to serve it.