Dijon Four-Bean Salad
Karen Riordan of Fern Creek, Kentucky dresses up traditional bean salad with a tangy Dijon mustard vinaigrette. "I'm a busy home-schooling mom, so I love how easy this colorful side dish is to prepare," Karen says. It's also perfect for picnics or potlucks.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen baby lima beans
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook lima and green beans according to package directions; drain. Place in a large serving bowl; cool. Add kidney beans.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, oil and salt; shake well. Pour over beans and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 195 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Dijon Four-Bean Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.