Festive Bean Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes13 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the chili sauce, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 199 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 8g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 4, 2015
Definitely better the next day. I actually didn't really like it on the first night and almost threw it out. Glad I tried it again the next day!
Jan 17, 2015
This salad is great and even better the next day. Easy to prepare. A winner.
May 30, 2014
This is a great, different bean salad. Wonderful to send in my husband's summer lunches. Good protein but lower in fat than many salads.
May 20, 2014
Very good salad! Quick and easy too.
May 24, 2011
This is not your average bean salad! It tastes 1000% better than a three bean salad, and I will make it again and again.
May 24, 2011
Family doesn't eat black olives, so I omitted them. Yummy. Nice texture combinations.