Marinated Bean Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced into rings
- Combine beans and peas in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the next nine ingredients; mix well. Pour over bean mixture and stir well. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Add onion rings just before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
May 13, 2014
refreshing dressing...the tarragon adds an extra flavor accent. nice way to use black-eyed peas.
Apr 27, 2011
A delicious bean salad.I saw this one, and decided to try it as didn't know where my mom's recipe was. This has the same amount of sugar, oil and vinegar, and I like it because it isn't overly sweet. The tarragon adds an interesting taste that isn't overwhelming, and this salad has the addition of black-eyed peas, which is also different from my mom's.....adds to the taste overall. A great salad!