Marinated Bean Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced into rings
- Combine beans and peas in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the next nine ingredients; mix well. Pour over bean mixture and stir well. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Add onion rings just before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 162 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 13, 2014
refreshing dressing...the tarragon adds an extra flavor accent. nice way to use black-eyed peas.
Apr 27, 2011
A delicious bean salad.I saw this one, and decided to try it as didn't know where my mom's recipe was. This has the same amount of sugar, oil and vinegar, and I like it because it isn't overly sweet. The tarragon adds an interesting taste that isn't overwhelming, and this salad has the addition of black-eyed peas, which is also different from my mom's.....adds to the taste overall. A great salad!