Vermicelli Pasta Salad
I started making this salad because it's loaded with peppers, my husband's favorite. Don't be surprised when there are no leftovers to take home after the family reunion, picnic or church potluck. —Janie Colle, Hutchinson, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 12 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) creamy Italian salad dressing
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Drain; transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Refrigerate until cold.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 309 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Vermicelli Pasta Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014
Jul 27, 2019
I make a similar pasta salad and add shrimp as well as Greek seasoning. Use Zesty Italian dressing.
Apr 30, 2019
Sounds very good, but as I am not a fan of Italian dressing, I think I would substitute Poppy Seed dressing instead.