Penne Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, green pepper, onions and olives. Stir in pasta. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 320 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 3, 2016
This salad is fabulous. I took it to a salad supper and everyone loved it. I made a couple of changes. I substituted shredded carrots for the olives, mixed up a dry zesty Italian dressing mix, and added toasted, sliced almonds. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Jan 2, 2016
Excellent easy salad.
Jan 18, 2015
Quick and tasty.
Jan 2, 2014
only thing I changed was added a few more veggies...took this to a New Year's Eve bash & it was a big hit!......guys & gals alike.....
Jul 1, 2011
Delicious and always a favorite!
Jun 26, 2011
This was easy & tasty, I added feta cheese.Thanks
Feb 10, 2008
I really think the green sliced olives in a pasta salad make the salad just awesome. I make my pasta salad very similar to the recipe posted...It does go well with any meat. Mary
Feb 10, 2008
This is sooo good! I make this recipe at least once a week! I use "Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing",in place of the Italian Dressing,Thanks for a great recipe