Penne Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, green pepper, onions and olives. Stir in pasta. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 320 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Aug 3, 2016
This salad is fabulous. I took it to a salad supper and everyone loved it. I made a couple of changes. I substituted shredded carrots for the olives, mixed up a dry zesty Italian dressing mix, and added toasted, sliced almonds. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Jan 2, 2016
Excellent easy salad.
Jan 18, 2015
Quick and tasty.
Jan 2, 2014
only thing I changed was added a few more veggies...took this to a New Year's Eve bash & it was a big hit!......guys & gals alike.....
Jul 1, 2011
Delicious and always a favorite!
Jun 26, 2011
This was easy & tasty, I added feta cheese.Thanks
Feb 10, 2008
I really think the green sliced olives in a pasta salad make the salad just awesome. I make my pasta salad very similar to the recipe posted...It does go well with any meat. Mary
Feb 10, 2008
This is sooo good! I make this recipe at least once a week! I use "Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing",in place of the Italian Dressing,Thanks for a great recipe
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.