Sausage & Cannellini Bean Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch escarole or spinach, chopped
- 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook the sausage and onion in a large saucepan over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the beans, broth, water, wine and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add escarole; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups with 1 teaspoon cheese: 232 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 837mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 9g fiber), 17g protein.
Dec 15, 2018
Very good and easy to toss together in the crock pot (sausage was already cooked and in the freezer). We added some Frank's hot sauce to our bowls for added kick. Will make again!
Mar 24, 2014
Good quick soup to throw together. I used spinach instead of escarole.
Oct 26, 2013
Used hot sausage for added zing.
Apr 8, 2013
My other half is a soup aficionado and he LOVE this and it does freeze well. Easy to make and the addition of spinach adds a layer of nutrients and we just happen to love spinach.
Mar 29, 2013
5 star rating. Excellent dish.