Pressure-Cooker Italian Sausage & Kale Soup
The first time I made this colorful soup, our home smelled wonderful. We knew it was a keeper to see us through cold winter days. —Sarah Stombaugh, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
Makes8 servings (3-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 6 cups chopped fresh kale
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 4 large carrots, finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups chicken stock
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat. Add sausage. Cook and stir, crumbling meat, until no longer pink. Press cancel. Remove sausage; drain. Return sausage to pressure cooker.
- Add the next 10 ingredients. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Top each serving with cheese.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 297 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 1105mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 9g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Italian Sausage & Kale Soup in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow