Pressure Cooker Italian Sausage & Kale Soup
The first time I made this colorful soup, our home smelled wonderful. We knew it was a keeper to see us through cold winter days. —Sarah Stombaugh, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. + releasing
Makes8 servings (3-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 6 cups chopped fresh kale
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 4 large carrots, finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups chicken stock
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, select saute setting, and adjust for high heat. Add sausage. Cook and stir, crumbling meat, until no longer pink. Remove sausage; drain. Return sausage to pressure cooker.
- Add next 10 ingredients. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Top each serving with cheese.
Test Kitchen tips
Originally published as Italian Sausage & Kale Soup in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.