Potato, Sausage & Kale Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups sliced fresh kale
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in seasonings. Add potatoes, kale, milk and cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into soup. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 504 calories, 38g fat (20g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 881mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
May 17, 2018
Made this Zuppa last night using spicy sausage (just our preference) It was Outstanding!! Simple to make, we all enjoyed it, my nephew said it was even better than the Garden's! This will now be one of my "Go to" Quick dinners. (Also to impress my company!I) I doubled the recipe and sure am glad I did, now me and my daughter can have some for lunch today also! Love, loved it...Thank you!
Oct 10, 2017
I prepared this recipe tonight for dinner despite the current unFall-like temperatures in NC. It was a big hit with my family. I substituted ground chicken for pork & seasoned ithe meat with poultry seasoning and minced garlic. It is definitely a keeper! I plan to serve it at my Thanksgiving eve family dinner!
Feb 26, 2016
Awesome recipe. I am making it again this evening for the second time! I add red pepper flakes to the sausage and it is as good as if not better than Olive Gardens "Zuppa Toscana"!Only about 1/4 tsp - 1/2 tsp depending how spicy you like it! :D
Jan 30, 2016
This soup is so good! If I want to indulge, this is the soup for me.
Oct 20, 2015
This soup is a big hit at my house! It's creamy and all the flavors blend together so well! Definitely a keeper!
Feb 26, 2015
This was delicious! My family loved it so much everyone went back for seconds.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.