Potato and Leek Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Combine the first 11 ingredients in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Before serving, combine sour cream with 1 cup soup; return all to the slow cooker. Stir in bacon and discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 209 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 1023mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Mar 10, 2019
I have not made this recipe yet, would like to know what type of potato you used, Golden, Red or Russet?
Jan 30, 2019
I needed a recipe with leeks and decided to give this a try. I goofed on the sour cream and added all of it to the crock pot so it did not turn out thick and creamy like the picture. It was ok but not a favorite.
Feb 23, 2015
great soup ,the flavour is just right; will have it for lunch to-day ,yum yum;
Dec 9, 2014
Perfect for a rainy day