- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- In a large saucepan, cook the chicken, celery and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the broth, carrots, thyme, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in macaroni and peas. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the macaroni is tender.
1 cup: 140 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 meat.