Loaded Potato-Leek Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
Makes6 servings (about 1-1/2 quarts)
- 1 medium leek
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 2 large), peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Sour cream, optional
- Finely chop white portion of leek. Cut leek greens into thin strips; reserve for topping. In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine potatoes, cauliflower, seasonings, broth and chopped leek. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add reserved leek greens; cook 3-5 minutes or until light golden. Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or, cool soup slightly and puree in batches in a blender. Stir in lemon juice. Top with leek greens and if desired, sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without sour cream): 108 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jan 26, 2018
This was an easy recipe to make and very warm and comforting!
May 12, 2016
I'm always on the lookout for a lightened up cream soup recipes, and this one fit the bill perfectly. I served it as a first course, and it was enjoyed by all. It's on my keeper list. Thanks, Courtney for this winner!!!!