Loaded Potato-Leek Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
Makes6 servings (about 1-1/2 quarts)
- 1 medium leek
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 2 large), peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Sour cream, optional
- Finely chop white portion of leek. Cut leek greens into thin strips; reserve for topping. In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine potatoes, cauliflower, seasonings, broth and chopped leek. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add reserved leek greens; cook 3-5 minutes or until light golden. Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or, cool soup slightly and puree in batches in a blender. Stir in lemon juice. Top with leek greens and if desired, sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without sour cream): 108 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 26, 2018
This was an easy recipe to make and very warm and comforting!
May 12, 2016
I'm always on the lookout for a lightened up cream soup recipes, and this one fit the bill perfectly. I served it as a first course, and it was enjoyed by all. It's on my keeper list. Thanks, Courtney for this winner!!!!