Chunky Pepper Potato Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 cups 1% milk, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook onion until tender. Stir in the potatoes, peppers and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in 2-1/2 cups milk. Combine cornstarch and remaining milk until smooth. Gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the salt, pepper and cayenne.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 158 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Feb 7, 2018
Delicious, spicy, easy to prepare, comfort soup. I love it!
Nov 25, 2012
I was excited I had everything I needed to make this recipe. It was so easy to make and it tasted great! This recipe is a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.