Creamy Red Pepper Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min. + cooling
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry and chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pears in juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a Dutch oven, saute onions in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the potatoes, red peppers and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat. Add pears; let cool.
- In a blender, cover and puree in batches. Return to the pan. Stir in cayenne and black pepper. Cook until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 127 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 10, 2010
This is a fabulous recipe, and has become a Christmas tradition for our family. Bursting with goo wholesome flavor. The pears balance out the onion and garlic nicely.
Mar 2, 2009
Excellent soup. Made it several times and a winner each time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.