Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in the roasted red peppers. Cut a thin slice off one long side of sweet red pepper; remove seeds. Spoon dip into pepper cup. Serve with vegetables.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 90 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jul 31, 2019
Wonderful filling and something different from the same old onion and spinach artichoke dips--I love those too, but this was a nice, colorful change. I did have to add about 1 tsp. of salt since I omitted the horseradish and about 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning but these did not significantly alter the recipe. Looked great all assembled with the crackers and veggies on the platter!
Apr 2, 2017
Made this today for the first time. Absolutely delicious. I added in a couple cloves of roasted garlic, just because I had on hand from another recipe. A keeper! Thanks for sharing Priscilla!
Aug 26, 2013
I like to serve this with fried green tomatoes. It has just enough kick to spice things up.
Mar 14, 2009
Yummy! My kids even liked it, but I can't guarantee that for all kids. This went wonderfully with the reduced fat Keebler club crackers.