Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in the roasted red peppers. Cut a thin slice off one long side of sweet red pepper; remove seeds. Spoon dip into pepper cup. Serve with vegetables.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 90 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Apr 2, 2017
Made this today for the first time. Absolutely delicious. I added in a couple cloves of roasted garlic, just because I had on hand from another recipe. A keeper! Thanks for sharing Priscilla!
Aug 26, 2013
I like to serve this with fried green tomatoes. It has just enough kick to spice things up.
Mar 14, 2009
Yummy! My kids even liked it, but I can't guarantee that for all kids. This went wonderfully with the reduced fat Keebler club crackers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.