Caramelized Onion Dip
Once you taste this fabulous dip, you'll never go back to store-bought french onion dip. While it takes a little longer to make, I promise it's worth every minute. —Kelly Gardner, Alton, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Potato chips, corn chips and/or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, yogurt, onion powder and salt; stir in two-thirds cooked onions. Transfer to a serving bowl; top with remaining onions. Serve with chips and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips and vegetables): 117 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Caramelized Onion Dip in Appetizers for Every Occasion 2012 Bookazine