Caramelized Onion Spinach Dip
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups fat-free sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion in oil over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in broth and wine or additional broth. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 25-30 minutes or until onions are golden brown and liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the sour cream, spinach and salt. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 73 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Feb 2, 2013
Very simple to make and DELICIOUS! Even my 7- and 2-year-olds loved it! One batch of the recipe is good for about 4-6 people so for larger gatherings I would definitely double it.
May 3, 2011
This recipe was very easy to make and super delish! I used Light Smart Balance and Low Fat Sour Cream to make it a healthier option! This will be a staple in my go-to recipes for pot-lucks and the like!
Aug 26, 2010
I thought this was very easy to make. Tasted wonderful without the wine - it got rave reviews at the party!