Caramelized Onion Spinach Dip
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups fat-free sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion in oil over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in broth and wine or additional broth. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 25-30 minutes or until onions are golden brown and liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the sour cream, spinach and salt. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 73 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 2, 2013
Very simple to make and DELICIOUS! Even my 7- and 2-year-olds loved it! One batch of the recipe is good for about 4-6 people so for larger gatherings I would definitely double it.
May 3, 2011
This recipe was very easy to make and super delish! I used Light Smart Balance and Low Fat Sour Cream to make it a healthier option! This will be a staple in my go-to recipes for pot-lucks and the like!
Aug 26, 2010
I thought this was very easy to make. Tasted wonderful without the wine - it got rave reviews at the party!