Creamy Red Pepper Veggie Dip
I got this recipe from a college roommate. Thick and creamy with just a touch of sweetness, this colorful dip is a winner served with chunky veggies. —Lynne German, Woodland Hills, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling
Makes2 1/2 cups
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions (both white and green portions), chopped
- Fresh baby carrots
- Fresh broccoli florets
- In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together the first five ingredients. Increase heat to medium; whisk until thickened, 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese, pepper and onions; mix well. Refrigerate 2 hours; serve with baby carrots and broccoli florets.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 121 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Egg Dip in Taste of Home June/July 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.