Garlic Bean Dip
There isn't a bean that my family does not like. In fact, I serve one kind or another almost every day. This dip is one of our favorite ways to eat them. —Nancy Testin, Harrington, Delaware
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Baked pita chips or assorted fresh vegetables
- Place first five ingredients in a food processor; process until almost smooth. Add mayonnaise and parsley; pulse just until blended. Serve with pita chips or vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup dip: 102 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Garlic Bean Dip in Light & Tasty June/July 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.