Grilled Red Pepper Dip
We grill peppers with rosemary and garlic, then blend them with sun-dried tomatoes for a creamy spread to pass with pita chips. —Donna Alwine, Bloomington, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Grill: 5 min.
- 2 large sweet red peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- Pita chips
- Toss peppers with oil, garlic powder and rosemary to coat. Grill peppers, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender. Cool completely. Cut peppers into 1/4-in. pieces.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and onion salt until blended. Beat in feta cheese red chopped peppers until blended. Serve with pita chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 127 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Red Pepper & Sun Dried Tomato Spread Recipe in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.