Stuffed Pepper Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook and stir beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in next 8 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until peppers are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add cooked rice; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes longer. If desired, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 337 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1466mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Feb 15, 2020
Best stuffed pepper soup I have ever had. Only change I made was adding 4 cups of cooked rice instead of 2.
Jan 9, 2020
Delicious!! Will make again!
Jan 4, 2020
This soup is yummy and the hubby loved it too! I added a large onion, two cloves of garlic and a few splashes of worchesire sauce. I did not put rice in it. Will definitely make it again!
Oct 25, 2019
Oct 23, 2019
My family enjoyed this
Sep 12, 2019
We had an abundance of tomatoes and green peppers in out summer garden so I was able to those fo the diced tomatoes and green pepper. I did not use cooked rice but since the soup was simmering I let the rice cook in the soup. Everyone loved it.
Sep 6, 2019
Beth, use the vegan ground meat substitute from the frozen food section of your market. You honestly can’t tell the difference. I also use vegetable stock instead of beef stock or boullion when I make this for my boyfriend’s daughter who is vegan. This tip also works for chili too.
Aug 31, 2019
I don't eat red meat or pork. Is there anything I can use to substitute for the beef?
Jun 18, 2019
My whole family loves this soup! Easy to put together and the ingredients are probably staples in many kitchens. Hearty and flavorful, great for a cold winter day or a rainy day. Although we didn't make any changes initially, since we dont like tomatoes, we decided to try substituting 15oz of tomato sauce for the 28oz can of undrained diced tomatoes. Wonderful! Most people will probably enjoy the recipe just as orginally submitted and it is wonderful. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Jun 12, 2019
I’ve made it with and without brown sugar and it’s much better without the sugar in my family’s opinion.