One-Pot Stuffed Pepper Dinner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook and crumble beef with green peppers and garlic over medium-high heat until no longer pink and peppers are tender, 5-7 minutes; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, water, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons cheese and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 415 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat.
Mar 18, 2018
This is a wonderful recipe. I will definitely make these again. I followed the recipe except used a variety of pepper colors. Sooo good.
Mar 15, 2018
This was one of the worst recipes I have ever tried! Sorry! But I ended up throwing the whole pot out. What a waste of food but I just couldn't eat it!
Mar 12, 2018
When people said quick they weren't kidding! I LOVED the flavor too. Did exactly as written and I will be making this often. Yes, it is a keeper for sure!
Aug 28, 2017
Definitely a keeper! Very easy to put together and delicious!
Aug 23, 2017
So delicious and quick to put together. With fresh peppers in the garden, this was a winner on our table! Will make again!
Aug 27, 2011
Made this last nite. Only thing I did different was I had left over cooked rice from another meal. Will deffinetly make again!
Sep 29, 2009
Very tasty recipe. I also thought the green peppers needed additional cooking as I like them more tender. The consistency seemed a little soupy, so I added an additional 1/2 cup of rice and it was perfect. Much easier than stuffing peppers and same great taste!
Sep 18, 2009
This is a wonderful recipe, so quick and yummy. Note that if you follow the directions as they are given, the peppers will probably be a little crisp. I like mine a little softer, so I add them to the pan when I add the ground beef and cook them together.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.