One-Pot Stuffed Pepper Dinner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook and crumble beef with green peppers and garlic over medium-high heat until no longer pink and peppers are tender, 5-7 minutes; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, water, tomato paste, cheese and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 415 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein.
Dec 23, 2019
I have made this meal twice, once as written, the second time as stuffing in green bell peppers, omitting the peppers in the mixture. Both were excellent. So, whatever floats your boat will work well.
Mar 8, 2019
Loved this recipe. The only change I made was to use 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes in place of Italian tomatoes to give it more spice.
Feb 2, 2019
Used 96% lean ground beef, leftover rice, and Italian sauce. Cooked the peppers with onions and garlic. This was easy and very good. Tastes just like stuffed Bell Peppers.
Mar 18, 2018
This is a wonderful recipe. I will definitely make these again. I followed the recipe except used a variety of pepper colors. Sooo good.
Mar 15, 2018
This was one of the worst recipes I have ever tried! Sorry! But I ended up throwing the whole pot out. What a waste of food but I just couldn't eat it!
Mar 12, 2018
When people said quick they weren't kidding! I LOVED the flavor too. Did exactly as written and I will be making this often. Yes, it is a keeper for sure!
Aug 28, 2017
Definitely a keeper! Very easy to put together and delicious!
Aug 23, 2017
So delicious and quick to put together. With fresh peppers in the garden, this was a winner on our table! Will make again!
Aug 27, 2011
Made this last nite. Only thing I did different was I had left over cooked rice from another meal. Will deffinetly make again!
Sep 29, 2009
Very tasty recipe. I also thought the green peppers needed additional cooking as I like them more tender. The consistency seemed a little soupy, so I added an additional 1/2 cup of rice and it was perfect. Much easier than stuffing peppers and same great taste!