One-Pot Beef & Pepper Stew
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 large green peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Add tomatoes, green peppers, onion, chilies and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Serve with stew and, if desired, pepper sauce.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 244 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Apr 25, 2018
This was easy to make, but had more black pepper flavor than i anticipated. I will add more garlic next time I make this, otherwise, very good and quick.
Jan 25, 2016
This is a delicious recipe. I like that I had all the ingredients on hand,, it's easy to make and my hsb and I loved it. Definitely a keeper!
Jan 13, 2016
Very good and very basic. Easy to make and will definitely make this one again.
Nov 1, 2015
Outstanding flavor and soooo easy!!
Oct 20, 2015
Fast easy and delicious. I added some southwestern spice yum.