Hot Dog Stew
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (14 ounces) reduced-fat beef hot dogs, sliced
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (15 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- In a large nonstick saucepan, brown hot dogs over medium heat. Add the next seven ingredients. Cover and cook over low heat until heated through. Stir in milk; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 275 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 1605mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Dec 31, 2013
I love this recipe! It's just like homemade beanie weenie. :)
Nov 26, 2012
Oops - didn't put in the milk either. Thought that was a strange addition.
Nov 26, 2012
OM - stands for Oh My! We don't eat swine, so I omitted the bean and bacon soup, used 1/2 tsp. onion powder, ground black pepper, & tomato soup, 16 oz. organic baked beans, & 3 uncured beef hot dogs, w/1 tsp. better than bouillon beef base in a slow cooker for 3 hours on low. My husband ate it all! It is rather salty so I didn't eat any. Did taste it though.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.