Pressure Cooker Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + releasing
Makes8 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; adjust for medium heat. Cook beef until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. Freeze option: Freeze cooled stew in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 177 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
May 1, 2019
Just made this recipe but doubled everything for meal planning. Soup is amazing. Also boiled some macaroni noodles and added after soup was done in pressure cooker to make it a beef vegetable noodle soup.
Apr 16, 2019
What i loved about this recipe it has everything in it that i have in my stock of food - no different things i had to go buy - it is amazing - really good