Pressure Cooker Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew
This zesty ground beef and vegetable soup is flavorful and comes together so quickly. It makes a complete meal when served with warm cornbread, sourdough or French bread, if you can squeak in a few more calories. —Lynnette Davis, Tullahoma, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + releasing
Makes8 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; adjust for medium heat. Cook beef until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. Freeze option: Freeze cooled stew in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 177 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew in Skinny Instant Pot
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.