Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, undrained and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender. Stir in the roasted peppers, chilies, cumin, salt and coriander. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in potatoes and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cilantro and lemon juice. Cool slightly. In a blender, process the cream cheese and half of the soup until smooth. Return all to pan and heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 204 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 1154mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 24, 2015
This was quite yummy. The lemon juice really brightened the flavor. It's a keeper!
Nov 7, 2015
This was surprisingly very good!! Definitely will make again.
Oct 24, 2015
Will defiantly make again. I used chicken broth instead of vegetable and used fresh parsley from our garden since I had it on hand. Yum!
Oct 17, 2015
Sorry but this turned out awful, too much pepper flavor. Wast of time and ingredients
Oct 14, 2015
A great soup, we all loved it! Will be making it again, thank you!
Oct 6, 2014
I have made this recipe several times now. I double the recipe so there is left overs. My family has nick named it the Indian soup because it reminds us of the Indian food we love.
Apr 6, 2014
Loved this soup! I halved the amount of cumin & added 1 teaspoon of Turmeric . This recipe is a definite keeper! I am making this soup again for Easter, but will leave out the cream cheese for my Vegan sister.
Jan 21, 2014
Oh my goodness. This soup was amazing! I'll be honest, I was pretty skeptical when I made it, but the flavors blend beautifully! The soup wasn't too spicy but had a distinct taste. My husband loved it and I will definitely be making this again!
Dec 5, 2013
I want to give this 4.5 stars....i liked the flavor and texture, and it was a nice meatless meal served in a sourdough breadbowl. However, the husband wasn't "wowed", hence not 5 stars. I think for him, an addition of some sort of meat would have been heartier and a keeper of a recipe. Would make again though, and try a twist next time (maybe ground sausage?)
Nov 21, 2013
I like the soup, easy to make. Next time I will probably add a little spice, maybe a can of rotel
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.