Herbed Potato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- Place potatoes and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, thyme, rosemary and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add potatoes with cooking liquid; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 253 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 19, 2017
This was delicious. Sidney rated it a 1 star and said...."blank white people food I swear"... how rude is that?! Send him a box of salt and a "d"!
Aug 21, 2017
I love potato soup. My husband not so much. He loves this recipie. It is super quick and easy. I use italian seasoning instead of the herbs listed, those are adjusted to my taste. Soup is really easy to throw together and just wing it. Excellent as written, excellent as a base for more complicated soup as well.
Dec 17, 2016
I made an account to say this soup really disapointed me. It had close to no flavor. ?? whatchu MEAN 1/4 a teaspoon of rosemary. How u gone taste 1/4 a TEASPOON. Blan white people food i swear.
Dec 11, 2014
Aug 31, 2014
Really simple...and easy to find ingredients for those of us not in the States.
Oct 17, 2013
This is a new family favorite! Easy for kids to get involved and yummy every time! With 5 kids I have to make this recipe X 4 and then there is just enough left for my lunch the next day.
Oct 2, 2013
there is nothing as inviting on a cold winter day as a steaming hot potato soup +a crisp crunchy bread to ward off the winter blahs.
Sep 3, 2012
We like this very well. hmmm good
Apr 19, 2012
Delicious. But 3 potatoes was too much. I had to add lots of milk to make it a soup-like consistency (and seasonings to match). Doesn't refrigerate well, turns into a clump. But is delicious right after cooking and I wouldn't hesitate to serve it to guests.
Apr 7, 2012
I was surprised. I normally dont care for potato soup, but this was good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.