Unstuffed Pepper Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, cook the beef, green peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the broth, soup, tomatoes and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add rice and heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 234 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Feb 20, 2020
Love this soup! So good!
Oct 21, 2019
Instead of rice I use my popper chopper and cut up cauliflower. Used a can of Rotel instead of tomatoes. sooooooooooooooo good!!!
Mar 10, 2019
Recipe says to add the rice but there is no rice in the list if ingredients. How much rice should be used in this recipe?
Feb 27, 2019
Easy and delicious
Apr 9, 2018
One of my friends made this for our cooking club and I’ve been making it ever since.It was one of my moms favorite before she passed and the only thing I changed was leaving out the mushrooms.I usually make cornbread to go with it. It also freezes well.
Mar 15, 2018
Totally DELICIOUS. !!
Sep 9, 2017
Very good! I too omitted the mushrooms. I will make again!
Jun 8, 2017
My family LOVES this soup! We love mushrooms, but I omit them in this recipe. I have also made it with uncooked instant rice and it turned out great! I also use any color peppers.
Oct 19, 2016
Omitted the mushrooms as they are not needed. Added the seasonings I would add when I make stuffed peppers and it was really good. Leftovers are AMAZING since the flavors blended overnight. Keeper.
Sep 8, 2016
I have made this recipes a lot, as I have a garden and tons of peppers. This is a great soup.