Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makes12 servings (4-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 carton (32 ounces) beef broth
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 5-6 hours. Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 141 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 852mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Apr 18, 2018
This is a flavorful recipe that's easy to prepare! I switched out the diced tomatoes for tomato soup. My family loved this recipe!
Oct 23, 2017
My husband picked this recipe from our Simple and Delicious magazine and I am so glad he did! Made it just as written. Wonderful flavor, and have made this many times. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Oct 5, 2017
Soup has a very good flavor and is easy way to enjoy stuffed peppers deconstructed, but I didn't have the type of rice it called for and used regular rice which didnt work well. Soup was too thick and more like a casserole.
Mar 24, 2017
This was delicious!! I don't always have the time to make stuffed peppers and this soup is a great alternative. You get the flavor of a stuffed pepper in a quick and easy soup.
Feb 15, 2017
My husband and I enjoyed this soup. I try to make soup once a week and using a slow cooker was really easy. Will definitely make this again and add to my rotation.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.