Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makes12 servings (4-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 carton (32 ounces) beef broth
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 5-6 hours.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 141 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 852mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 18, 2018
This is a flavorful recipe that's easy to prepare! I switched out the diced tomatoes for tomato soup. My family loved this recipe!
Oct 23, 2017
My husband picked this recipe from our Simple and Delicious magazine and I am so glad he did! Made it just as written. Wonderful flavor, and have made this many times. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Oct 5, 2017
Soup has a very good flavor and is easy way to enjoy stuffed peppers deconstructed, but I didn't have the type of rice it called for and used regular rice which didnt work well. Soup was too thick and more like a casserole.
Mar 24, 2017
This was delicious!! I don't always have the time to make stuffed peppers and this soup is a great alternative. You get the flavor of a stuffed pepper in a quick and easy soup.
Feb 15, 2017
My husband and I enjoyed this soup. I try to make soup once a week and using a slow cooker was really easy. Will definitely make this again and add to my rotation.