Pressure Cooker Kielbasa and Cabbage
This was a recipe using my Mom's boiled dinner. Her mother was Polish and made this often. Great for a one pot meal. We like our veggies soft but if you like them a bit crisp then cook for 5 minutes. Also can substitute any precooked sausage for the Kielbasa. —Beverly Dolfini, Surprise, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 small red potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure cook on high for 6 minutes. Quick release pressure.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 318 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1552mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 8g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as PC Kielbasa and Cabbage with veggies in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.