Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup white wine or beef stock
- 2/3 cup beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) Alfredo sauce, divided
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 package (9 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and carrot; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add beef and pork; cook 4-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Stir in stock and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Cool slightly. Remove bay leaf; stir in 1 cup Alfredo sauce and egg yolks.
- Preheat oven to 350°. To assemble, spread 3/4 cup marinara sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce and 2 cups meat mixture. Top with four noodles and 3/4 cup marinara sauce. Layer with four noodles, 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce and remaining meat mixture. Top with remaining noodles and marinara sauce. Drizzle remaining Alfredo sauce over top.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 347 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 632mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Nov 8, 2015
This lasagna was delicious! My husband doesn't like lasagna but I love it so I had to give this recipe a try since it used Alfredo sauce. I always do my lasagna with marinara, ricotta cheese, and lots of mozzarella. This was a great change and my husband LOVED it!!
Dec 9, 2014
This is delicious! I've made it twice since I received the magazine it was published in. This recipe is a keeper for sure!
Dec 1, 2014
This was tremendous! Made as written. When I got to the final steps, I worried about the meat mixture being too soupy and too much sauce overall. However, it came out fantastic. My son had 2 helpings and my husband had 3. Despite any added cheese other than what is in the Alfredo sauce, it tasted surprisingly cheesy like a normal lasagna. Highly recommend.
Nov 22, 2014
I made this tonight and we enjoyed it!! It is rich, but light. Very tasty. I cut the recipe in half. I used leftover marinara and meatballs from the Slow cooker spaghetti and meatballs recipe (also found in the December issue) and just chopped up the meatballs to use in place of the ground beef this recipe calls for. I also had sausage on hand so used that instead of the ground pork. I cook for my 85 yr old mother and she liked this. We might reduce the amount of alfredo sauce a bit next time, but maybe not. It's a new stlye of lasagna for us - a good one!