Ricotta is one of my family's favorite ingredients. I made up the cannoli filling and broke up some ice cream waffle shells to use as "chips and dip"—it was an instant hit! It's also good served slightly warm. —Ann Marie Eberhart, Gig Harbor, Washington
Total TimePrep: 10 min.
- 1 carton (15 ounces) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped candied citron
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Mini ice cream sugar cones, optional
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- Beat together ricotta cheese, sugar, candied citron, lime zest and juice. If desired, scoop ricotta mixture into cones and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Do not use a food processor to chop the citron—it could make it too fine, and its flavor is more intense with slightly larger bits.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 128 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as CANNOLI DIP in Taste of Home Summer 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.