Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 carton (15 ounces) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped candied citron
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- Mini ice cream sugar cones, optional
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- Beat together ricotta cheese, sugar, candied citron and lime zest. If desired, scoop ricotta mixture into cones and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 128 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 5, 2018
Did this dip for a party and it went over well BUT it's far closer to a Key Lime dip -- which hey, is fine but cannoli it ain't. It is also thinner than the picture would suggest -- I don't know what they were piping in that pic! If I make this again, I'd maybe try ricotta and mascarpone or cream cheese. It'd just be nice to be thicker and able to pipe. Also, in order to have decent sized waffle 'chips' I'd suggest get waffle cone bowls and breaking them up a little bit. As for the flavor, I'll probably just go full on Key Lime, really own it. The recipe is a novel idea...it just didn't work like it could have.
Jul 4, 2018
This recipe was not good. I made it exactly as directed and it was very runny. I tried adding more sugar, but it did not help. I had to throw it away.