Lime Avocado Hummus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- Place peppercorns in a food processor; process until ground. Add remaining ingredients; process 2-3 minutes longer or until smooth. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 174 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 20, 2019
Everyone loved this! I doubled the recipe and added more garlic (2 cloves per serving) but reduced the amount of olive oil. The next time I make it, I will add freshly ground pepper from the pepper mill instead of taking the time to grind whole peppercorn with the food processor. This is a great dip to share!