Lime Avocado Hummus
My mash-up of guacamole and hummus is light and bright, but also rich and satisfying. Serve with chips and veggies or as a cool sandwich spread. —Andreann Geise, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- Place peppercorns in a food processor; process until ground. Add remaining ingredients; process 2-3 minutes longer or until smooth. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 174 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Avocado and Lime Humus in Taste of Home February/March 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.