Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh basil, optional
- Baked pita chips and/or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a food processor, combine the beans, tomatoes, water, oil, garlic, pepper flakes, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. Place in a serving bowl; sprinkle with basil if desired. Serve with pita chips and/or vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 113 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 27, 2012
Great recipe! Thanks Todd!
Jan 16, 2011
One of the yummiest types of hummus I've ever tasted!~ Theresa
Sep 26, 2010
Sun dried tomatoes are overkill, way too strong a flavor for me.
Aug 13, 2010
This recipe makes a big batch. Overall, I liked it a lot, but I next time I might experiment with a bit more salt or something for a bit more flavor.
Jul 23, 2010
Yummy, yummy, yummy! I left out the red pepper flakes since my friend doesn't like it hot. I'll make this again, and again!
May 6, 2010
Sun-dried tomatoes add a nice zip - I've already made this recipe twice
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.