Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Rice crackers
- Microwave edamame, covered, on high until tender, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a food processor; add remaining ingredients. Process until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Serve with assorted fresh vegetables and rice crackers.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 167 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Feb 19, 2020
I was excited to try this recipe because I really like edamame. Unfortunately, I didn't care for this hummus. I found the texture kind of "mealy". I didn't have mint but otherwise made it as written.
Jul 1, 2019
This was really a great and easy recipe! I omitted the mint and jalapeño, instead adding some piñon (roasted pine nuts) while processing and then sprinkling whole piñon over the top and drizzling on a little olive oil. Served with pita wedges and wheat crackers. It was a definite hit!