We love hummus at our house. This recipe is a scrumptious and refreshing twist on an old favorite, and it's a wonderful way to incorporate healthy soy into our diets. —Marla Clark, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Rice crackers
- Microwave edamame, covered, on high until tender, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a food processor; add remaining ingredients. Process until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Serve with assorted fresh vegetables and rice crackers.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 167 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Edamame Hummus in Taste of Home April/May 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.