Total TimePrep: 30 min. + cooling Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add oregano and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add spinach; cook 3 minutes longer or until liquid is evaporated. Transfer to a large bowl; cool.
- Add feta cheese and eggs to spinach mixture; mix well. Unfold puff pastry. Spread each sheet with half the spinach mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut each into twelve 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 197 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 21, 2016
OMG...so good!!! I have always loved spanakopita, but working with phyllo dough intimidated me! Puff pastry is so much easier. I made these for a get together recently, and everyone loved them. Will be making them for all of my holiday get together this year!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.