Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, picante sauce, taco seasoning and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in olives, chilies, cheese and onions. Spread about 1/2 cup on each tortilla.
- Roll up jelly-roll style; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Slice into 1-in. pieces. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 170 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 9, 2018
Made them this past summer and took them to my brother and his wife 50th Wedding Anniversary. It was a hit. That will be on my recipe box.
Mar 5, 2018
This is a wonderful recipe...so good! Note to HB Cook from 2009: yes, there is waste on the ends; but that is your reward for your hard work...you eat the ends. O Happy day!!
Dec 31, 2017
Always a hit!
Dec 31, 2017
This was yummy! I made it exactly as written. To prevent the filling from spilling out, I simply stopped spreading it about 1 inch from one side of the tortilla, then rolled the tortilla toward that end. The filling kind of squished and spread itself into that area as I rolled, and there was no spillage. Use a very sharp non-serrated knife to cut it. I am also using this as a sandwich spread with avocado for my quick breakfast this morning. Delicious!
Dec 8, 2017
We really like this recipe. I usually add some extra cayenne pepper to kick up the heat a bit.I do really disagree with the instruction to refrigerate "2 hours or overnight", though. The first time I made them, I made them a day ahead and the tortillas had turned a bit slimy by the time we served them. Since then I make them just 1-2 hours ahead, and they turn out great.
Oct 17, 2017
Excellent Spicy flavor. Big hit with the guys.Picante sauce is thicker than regular salsa. Use either and make sure its at least medium (heat)
Sep 2, 2017
Made for a party. Everyone raved about them. They were awesome. Will definitely make again.
Apr 24, 2017
I am very happy to have this recipe. I think I had these years ago, but failed to get the recipe then. Just to clarify, is picante sauce the same thing as the salsa you serve it with, or is it something like Cholula or Tobasco?
Feb 15, 2017
They tasted GREAT!
Dec 23, 2016
I've made these on several occasions and they are a big hit!