Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Pretzel sticks, optional
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in mozzarella, red peppers and seasonings until blended. Unroll tubes of crescent dough and separate each into two rectangles; press perforations to seal.
- Spread cheese mixture over each rectangle. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal. Wrap in plastic, and chill at least 1 hour.
- Cut each roll crosswise into eight slices; place on ungreased baking sheets, cut side down. Bake until golden brown, 20-22 minutes. If desired, decorate with pretzel sticks and cilantro leaves to look like pumpkins.
Nutrition Facts1 pinwheel: 112 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 6, 2017
I have not made these yet but have baked enough to know this idea will work nicely. I gave five stars as I like the combination of ingredients and ease in using a premade dough. The name comes from the placement of pretzels and herb leaves to look like a pumpkin. No pumpkin flavor nor pulp is used.
Nov 3, 2017
I'm wondering why they are called Pumpkin Pinwheels when there is no pumpkin in the recipe. Was something left out.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.