Mushroom Pastry Pinwheels
Pinwheels make a pretty addition to any appetizer buffet, and when I serve them they disappear in a snap. These use purchased puff pastry, so they are very easy to make.—Mary Bettuchy, Columbia, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add shallot, garlic and thyme; saute 4-5 minutes longer.
- Stir in the wine, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by three-fourths. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry. Roll into a 14x9-in. rectangle. Spread cheese over pastry; top with mushroom mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from a short side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 3/4-in. slices.
- Place 2 in. apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 119 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.