Raspberry Nut Pinwheels
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of waxed paper into a 12-in. square. Remove waxed paper. Spread dough with jam; sprinkle with nuts. Roll up tightly, jelly-roll style; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap dough and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 79 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 22, 2016
Very tasty! Made the dough yesterday and froze it overnight - slicing was easy peasy.
Dec 26, 2015
December 2015Great tasting cookie. Made dough one night, chilled overnight, sliced next day and baked.I did not have problems rolling it out between wax paper. Took to a friends for dessert. She asked for the recipe.
Nov 25, 2015
I have been baking cookies for many years and never had as much trouble as with this recipe. My dough was chilled but when putting it between the floured waxed paper, it still stuck to the paper and came apart. I must have done something wrong as these other reviews sound wonderful.
Aug 26, 2015
I looooove these cookies. Cut them with dental floss to keep that nice round spiral.
May 2, 2015
This is a rich, crisp and beautiful cookie! Followed directions exactly. Cutting the cookies very thin and using a ruler I was able to have 39 cookies. Although this recipe is a little time consuming it makes a very attractive cookie. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home magazine my suggestion is to follow the directions exactly. This recipe will not disappoint.
Dec 21, 2014
Good recipe. But it does not make 3 1/2 dozen. More like 1 1/2 dozen. Just a heads up
May 31, 2011
Tasty and impressive looking. Thank You.
Mar 20, 2010
I made this cookies for Thanksgiving and they were such a hit everyone requested them for Christmas too. I wound up making at least five batches over the holidays. Easy to make ahead and slice and bake when ready.
Dec 19, 2009
I've made these cookies for the past three years (tomorrow will be the fourth) in a row and they are great! Really easy, and really good! Every year I'm asked if I will be making these!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.