Ham Pickle Pinwheels
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 pound sliced Genoa salami
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 7 slices deli ham
- 14 to 21 okra pickles or dill pickle spears
- In a food processor, add the cream cheese, salami and horseradish; cover and process until blended. Spread over ham slices.
- Remove stems and ends of okra pickles. Place two or three okra pickles or one dill pickle down the center of each ham slice. Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 1-in. pieces.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 34 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 27, 2020
This appetizer is so common where I live it's sometimes jokingly called "Iowa Sushi." I had never tried it with the either genoa salami or okra pickles, but now that's must! Also, some people prefer to use thinly-sliced corned beef lunchmeat instead of ham.
Aug 7, 2009
I also found that the vegetable cream cheese by Philadelphia is amazing for this recipe instead of the cream cheese mixed with horseradish.The wraps can also be wrapped up in tortilla shells which tastes great too! Awesome recipe!!