Crab-Topped Tomato Slices
When camping, my wife and I top large beefsteak tomatoes with spicy chunks of crab. Then we warm this summer treat over the fire. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 8 slices tomato (1/2 inch thick)
- Minced chives
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; gently stir in crab.
- Place tomato slices on a foil-lined baking sheet; top with crab mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 325 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.