Crab-Topped Tomato Slices
When camping, my wife and I top large beefsteak tomatoes with spicy chunks of crab. Then we warm this summer treat over the fire. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 8 slices tomato (1/2 inch thick)
- Minced chives
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; gently stir in crab.
- Place tomato slices on a foil-lined baking sheet; top with crab mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 325 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as grilled tomato crab bites in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.