- 8 large tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 large sweet onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Arrange tomatoes and onions on a large rimmed serving platter. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle over top. Sprinkle with parsley.
1 serving: 94 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.