Tomato and Corn Cheesy Pastry Bites
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in corn, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper; cook until corn is tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Unfold puff pastry sheets. Using a floured 4-in. round cookie cutter, cut four circles in each sheet; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Whisk together egg and water; brush over pastries. Spoon 2 tablespoons corn mixture onto each circle. Top with tomatoes and cheeses.
- Bake until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts1 pastry: 236 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 31, 2016
We ate these as a main dish with a side salad. I think this depends on the freshness of your corn and tomatoes, and is definitely better made when both are in season.
Jun 26, 2016
These were pretty good.