Cheesy Zucchini Bites
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 medium zucchini (about 6 inches long)
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Cut zucchini into 3/4-in. slices. Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out the insides and discard, leaving the bottom intact. Place zucchini on an ungreased baking sheet; spoon 1/2 teaspoon crumbled blue cheese into each.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper; sprinkle half over blue cheese. Top each with a tomato slice; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 19 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 17, 2015
I made them using mozzerella chesse since my family doesnt care for blue or feta which I love. They loved them but Im gonna try some with the original recipe for me next time.
Aug 8, 2015
I made these with feta cheese and they were delicious. My zucchini were a little larger than the recipe calls for but still worked great. My husband said that this recipe is a keeper. They are good cold, too. We tried a couple that way to see how they would be to take to a picnic.
Oct 2, 2011
Awesome flavor, I'm hooked. I'll definitely make these again.
Dec 17, 2009
Taste great and adds great color to the appetizer table.
Aug 4, 2009
I like blue cheese but my husband does not so I will probably use feta cheese instead.
Aug 3, 2009
Aug 3, 2009
Can I use any other cheese than Blue Cheese? just don't like it but the recipe sounds [email protected]
Aug 2, 2009
great for church potlucks, one bite wonders..yummmy...jav4u
Apr 29, 2008
I FOUND THESE EXCELLENT, EASY TO PREPARE AND I WILL DEFINATLY MAKE THEM AGAIN.THANK YOU!!!