Cheesy Zucchini Bites
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 medium zucchini (about 6 inches long)
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Cut zucchini into 3/4-in. slices. Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out the insides and discard, leaving the bottom intact. Place zucchini on an ungreased baking sheet; spoon 1/2 teaspoon crumbled blue cheese into each.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper; sprinkle half over blue cheese. Top each with a tomato slice; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 19 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 17, 2015
I made them using mozzerella chesse since my family doesnt care for blue or feta which I love. They loved them but Im gonna try some with the original recipe for me next time.
Aug 8, 2015
I made these with feta cheese and they were delicious. My zucchini were a little larger than the recipe calls for but still worked great. My husband said that this recipe is a keeper. They are good cold, too. We tried a couple that way to see how they would be to take to a picnic.
Oct 2, 2011
Awesome flavor, I'm hooked. I'll definitely make these again.
Dec 17, 2009
Taste great and adds great color to the appetizer table.
Aug 4, 2009
I like blue cheese but my husband does not so I will probably use feta cheese instead.
Aug 3, 2009
Aug 3, 2009
Can I use any other cheese than Blue Cheese? just don't like it but the recipe sounds [email protected]
Aug 2, 2009
great for church potlucks, one bite wonders..yummmy...jav4u
Apr 29, 2008
I FOUND THESE EXCELLENT, EASY TO PREPARE AND I WILL DEFINATLY MAKE THEM AGAIN.THANK YOU!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.