Cheddar Zucchini Wedges
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, parsley, basil, thyme and onion mixture. Stir in eggs and milk just until combined. Fold in the zucchini, cheese and almonds.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 1 minute before cutting into wedges. Remove to wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 368 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Aug 8, 2015
great recipe, made it tonight, turned out perfect, I only baked it for about 23.5 mins probably could have used even a bit less, would probably add some garlic next time, omitted the almonds too.
Sep 21, 2013
Yum! We left out the almonds and made it in a 9-inch pie pan. This zucchini bread beats the sweet stuff hands down! Thanks for the awesome recipe!
Jun 1, 2013
excellent! The whole family loved it. This bread goes great with a bowl of soup on a cold winter night.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.