"These easy cheesy treats are a hit at evening gathering," shares Jennifer Eilts of Omaha, Nebraska.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 egg
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- Cut cheese into 1/2-in. slices; cut each slice in half diagonally. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and red pepper flakes if desired. In another bowl, beat egg. Dip cheese triangles into egg, then in crumb mixture.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until browned and cheese begins to melt. Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 183 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cheese Wedges in Taste of Home June/July 2001