"These easy cheesy treats are a hit at evening gathering," shares Jennifer Eilts of Omaha, Nebraska.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 egg
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- Cut cheese into 1/2-in. slices; cut each slice in half diagonally. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and red pepper flakes if desired. In another bowl, beat egg. Dip cheese triangles into egg, then in crumb mixture.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until browned and cheese begins to melt. Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 183 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Cheese Wedges in Taste of Home June/July 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.