Zucchini & Cheese Roulades
My husband enjoys this recipe so much that he even helps me roll up the roulades! You can change the filling any way you like—I have used feta instead of Parmesan, or try sun-dried tomatoes in the place of the olives. —April McKinney, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped Greek olives
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium zucchini
- In a small bowl, mix the first nine ingredients.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into twenty-four 1/8-in.-thick slices. On a greased grill rack, cook zucchini in batches, covered, over medium heat. Grill until tender, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture on the end of each zucchini slice. Roll up and secure each with a toothpick.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 24 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Mediterranean Zucchini Roulades in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.